Google and Yandex Addresses in Reports
Is it possible to have address information form Google or Yandex maps in reports?
- No, only G4L Maps are located on our server. Google and Yandex Maps are located on exterior
servers and can be used only for rendering (visualization). Getting data from exterior servers
takes an excessively long time. Besides, such services do not allow the number of requests
necessary for report generation.
Is it possible to activate INGIT Maps for G4L Hosting?
- Unfortunately, not. INGIT Maps can be connected only to a client program. They do not fit for
the web as their images are not static which means they cannot be split into squares (tiles).
Placing New Maps on G4L Hosting
What is the procedure to place a new map on G4L Hosting?
- Send your request with attached map to https://www.g4ltracking.com/contact-us. If the map is
too big to be sent by e-mail, you will be given FTP access. Supported map formats are: MP,
MapInfo, ESRI Shape, OSM (OpenStreetMap).
What can be done if incorrect addresses appear in reports or in search address tools?
- As address information is taken form the map, a more accurate or modern map is required in
such situations. You can send us such a map to http://www.g4ltracking.com/contact-us.
Supported map formats are: MP, MapInfo, ESRI Shape, OSM (OpenStreetMap).
%ZONE% instead of Geofence Name
My notifications come with the text like that: Vehicle_001 left %ZONE%. At 2011-11-23 13:35:10 it
moved with speed 74 kph near 'Seaside Park Hotel, Leipzig'. Why there is no geofence name?
- The reason is that if you control exit from several geofences in one notification, it is impossible
to detect which geofence exactly was left. To have geofence name in such type of notification,
you should create a separate notification for each of those geofences.
Cannot Remove Access to a Unit
I removed access to a unit from a user, however, this unit remains available to this user.
- A possible explanation is that the unit is included in a group to which the user has some access.
Error 'Your browser does not support cookies'
Why do I get the error “Apparently, your browser does not support cookies. Try again later'?
- It is nothing critical. To login to the system, just press the Enter button once more.
Limit SMS Messages
How can I restrict the number of SMS messages that a user can send? For example, to 5 messages per
- This limit can be set in CMS Manager. Go to the Account Properties dialog, the Features tab.
Notifications about Thefts
How can I get notified about fuel thefts when they happen?
- Perform the following steps:
- Create a job with the type 'Send fuel information by e-mail or SMS'
- Choose 'Theft' as event type and set method(s) of delivery (е-mail and/or SMS).
- Select units to be under control.
Problem Logging In Because of a 'Reported/suspected attack site!'
- Give the job a name and set execution schedule, e.g., once in 3 hours. To receive SMS
messages, a special service should be activated.
I cannot log in to the system. The error is: 'Reported/suspected attack site!'
To enter the system, press 'Ignore this warning' below and continue. Probably, attacks were
noticed on the parent domain of your monitoring service and the parent site was added to the
blacklist together with subordinated sites and pages. Report this situation to administrator of
your site and ask them to unblock it.
Tracks with 'Stars' at Parkings
Why do 'stars' sometimes appear at the places of parkings?
- The reason is a slight inaccuracy in coordinates sent by the tracker. It is normal for any type of
equipment. This inaccuracy is appreciable particularly at parkings. A unit stays still, however, the
coordinates sent by the tracker slightly differ from each other. That is why 'stars' appear at the
places of parkings.
- You may want to get rid of those 'stars' to make the track look more intelligible. To weed off the
stars at parkings, apply the trip detector to that track:
- When building a track in the Tracks panel or by quick track method, activate the
checkbox 'Apply trip detector' in the Tracks panel.
- When getting a track through reports, in the report template choose 'Trip routes' (and
not 'All messages on map') to apply the trip detector.
- If you build a track in the Messages panel, the trip detector cannot be applied because that
track shows all messages registered in unit's database.
Make sure that the trip detector is adjusted correctly. Additionally, you can activate the message validity
filter on the Advanced tab of unit properties.